Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- How Do You Feel After Hep C Treatment?
- How Soon After H. pylori Treatment Can You Retest?
- Amebiasis (Entamoeba Histolytica Infection)
- Murine Typhus (Flea-Borne Typhus)
- How Does Blastomycosis Start?
- Louse-Borne Typhus (Epidemic Typhus)
- Staph Infection (Staphylococcus)
- Is Ureaplasma an STD?
- How Does Peanut Butter Get Salmonella?
- Scrub Typhus (Bush Typhus)
- RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus)
- Lassa Fever
- Does COVID Cause Chest Congestion and Phlegm?
- Is Laryngitis Contagious?
Infections Images and Slideshows
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- HIV and AIDS Rashes and Skin Conditions
- What Are 5 Signs of a Weak Immune System?
- How mRNA Technology Works
- Your Health: Infections That Aren’t Contagious
- How Can Parents Help Children Stay Social During COVID-19?
- Adult Vaccines: Protect Yourself Against Tetanus and More
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68): Symptoms and Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: See Photos of the Rash
- Cold, Flu, and Cough: How to Avoid Infectious Diseases
- MRSA Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- What Is a Staph Infection? Symptoms, Pictures
- Hepatitis C (Hep C): Symptoms, Treatments, Antivirals
- HIV AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Should I Have Contact with My Pet if I Have the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?
- What can I do to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at home?
- What happens when you get the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)?
- How Do You Get Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Who should be tested for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)?
- What Not to Eat When You Have Shingles
- What Do You Do if You Get Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- What Is the First Sign of Dengue Fever?
- Can You Still Go to Work if You Have Shingles?
- Which Type of Hepatitis Is not Curable?
- What Type of Hepatitis Is Most Deadly?
- How Long Can a Person Live after Being Diagnosed with Hepatitis C?
- Can Hepatitis C Be Cured Completely?