Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD, is a long-lasting obstruction of the airways that occurs with chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or both. This obstruction of airflow is progressive in that it happens over time. Chronic bronchitis is defined as a chronic (ongoing, long-term) cough not caused by another condition that produces sputum (mucus) for 3 or more months during each of the 2 consecutive years.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Lungs related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Lungs Related Resources
- Mesothelioma in Children
- Pleural Effusion
- Acute Bronchitis
- What Are Respiratory Disorders?
- Carcinoid Lung Tumors
- Pulmonary Edema
- Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)
- How Do You Get Rid of Mucus Plugs in Your Lungs?
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- How Long Can You Live with Scarred Lungs?
- What Is the Pleura of the Lung?
- What Are the Top 10 Lung Diseases?
- Does Tuberculosis Go Away?
- What Is the Most Effective Way to Stop Smoking?
Lungs Images and Slideshows
- Smoking: How E-cigarettes and Vaping Affect Your Body
- What's Bronchitis? Symptoms and Treatments
- Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
- Safe, Normal, Low Blood Oxygen Levels: Pulse Oximeter Chart
- COPD Foods to Boost Your Health - COPD Diet Tips
- How to Quit Smoking Without Weight Gain
- How to Quit Smoking: 13 Tips to End Addiction
- Lung Disease & Respiratory Health: Should I Get a COVID-19 Antibody Test?
- Coronavirus: How COVID-19 Affects Your Body
- COPD Lung Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- The Health Effects of Air Pollution
- 10 Smart Exercises for People With COPD: Pictures
- Picture of Airway
- Picture of Pneumothorax
- Picture of Lungs