Yoga is defined as a systematic practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, diet control, and positive thinking and meditation aimed at developing harmony in the body, mind, and environment. The practice entails low-impact physical activity, postures (called asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation, and meditation. Most people are familiar with the physical poses or yoga positions but don't know that yoga involves so much more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Healthy Living related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Healthy Living Related Resources
Healthy Living Articles
- What Herbs Interfere with Medications?
- How Do You Identify a Pill by Its Number?
- How Do You Stop Your Calves from Hurting After Exercise?
- How Do You Feel When You Are Anemic?
- What Is Aloe Vera Good For?
- What Are the 10 Benefits of Eating Flaxseed?
- Why Do My Calves Hurt After a Workout?
- What Is the Knot on the Inside of My Foot?
- What Are the Health Risks of Smoking vs. Obesity?
- What Is the Best Diet for Kidney Disease?
- Food Poisoning
- What Are The Six Classes of Lupus Nephritis?
- How Many Almonds Should Be Eaten Daily?
- What Drink Is High in Iron?
Healthy Living Images and Slideshows
- Diet and Weight Loss: How to Cut Calories From Your Day
- Reasons Why Your Fingers Are Swollen
- Health Habits That Can Backfire
- How to Save Money on Prescriptions
- Emerging Trends in Health Technology
- Spices and Herbs to Pump Up the Flavor
- 10 Tips to Help You Sail Through Physical Therapy
- Filling Foods That Won’t Fill You Out
- Kitchen Hacks for Solo Cooks
- Healthy Living: When to Toss Common Household Items
- How to Make Your Kitchen Healthier
- 8 Foods to Pickle (and How to Pickle Them)
- Which Plant-Based Foods Have the Highest Protein?
- 6 Ways to Be More Proactive About Your Health
- What Foods Can I Eat to Increase My Hemoglobin?
Healthy Living Quizzes
- Human Body Quiz: Human Body Systems & Organs
- Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQ
- Belly Fat Foods Quiz
- Summer Food Safety Quiz: Test Your Food Safety IQ
- Fat and Fats Quiz: Fatty Food & Body Fat Percentage
- Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
- Metabolism Quiz: What is Metabolism?
- Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
- Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
- Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
- Belly (Abdominal) Fat Quiz: Test Your Belly Fat IQ
- Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
- Happiness Quiz: Positive Attitude
- Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Alcohol Quiz: Alcoholism & Health Effects